This is such a super, super, super, super easy recipe! Can you imagine making a dairy free cheese that you can slice? A dairy free cheese that is tasty, healthy, sexy and firm? Well my darlings, here she is! My cashew cheese recipe is wholesome and delicious. Vegan and a sexy “Super Disco” Food! Tools needed: Measuring cups and spoons, a food processor, cheesecloth and a passion for healthy cooking and eating! Here we go!
- 8 oz. of organic cashews. Soaked for a few hours then boiled for twenty minutes then cooled.
- 1/8 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/8 cup of broth or water
- 1 tbs. of annatto infused olive oil
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. of Stevia sweetener
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 tbs. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in your Cuisinart food processor.
- Mix and blend until very smooth. The mixture should form into a ball
- similar to dough!
- Take the mixture with gloves and form into a really nice ball.
- Then wrap her in cheesecloth to remove any excess liquid. The cheesecloth also allows for the cashew cheese to form a nice sexy texture.
- Then place the cashew cheese ball in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to one hour to a fully firm texture!
- Take out from fridge and slice!
Enjoy this cashew cheese knowing it’s free from any animal products. Great as a snack or a cheese substitute in hot dishes. Deliciouso y rico!