Besitos de Coco
Besitos de Coco
Besitos De Coco
Holas! Being Latina and Puerto Rican, I am a big coconut lover! Coconut candy (sugar free!) coconut cake, cookies, milk, water, oil, cream, even shampoo and lotions! I won’t eat the shampoo, (err) but the aroma, taste and health benefits of coconut; outstanding! This recipe is so cute! I recently got hip to this recipe. See, cooking is so cool in the sense that you are in control. So many times I have have had these Besitos de Coco. My journey into becoming a woman, becoming Soraya, and really taking recipe “transformation” seriously has been exciting. Minimizing the high drama, high sugar and highly unhealthy recipes (for ME and my BODY)by making my own dairy/gluten and low sugar creations has been scientific and creative. Super enjoyable! I get to savor a very traditional recipe and not have it be a sugar, artery clogging food! Too cool! My recipe is light, soft, smooth, and sexy! Here is MY recipe of Soraya Sobreidad’s Papi Besitos de Papi Coco!
Write a review
- 14-16 oz of unsweetened shredded coconut (organic if you wish)
- 10 oz coconut cream, Trader Joe’s is wonderful as it has no added sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 1/8 cup ground golden flax meal
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup Stevia powdered sweetener
- 2/3 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 box of Jello sugar free vanilla cook and serve pudding mix
- Gluten free flour to dust
- parchment paper
- almonds (optional but cute)
- unsweetened baking chocolate to melt (optional and very sexy)
- Take all ingredients except shredded coconut and place in a blender. Liquids first, the spices and flour.
- Blend thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, place your shredded coconut. Pour blended mix over coconut and mix well.
- Mixing and folding by hand is cute, use gloves and enjoy the connection with your food.
- Bless and sing to the coconut mix. It will taste better, I assure you.
- In a non stick skillet with cooking spray, test the mix. Cook a small dab for just a few minutes and test the sweetness and flavor before a final commitment to baking.
- Preheat your oven to 375 fahrenheit.
- Once your taste is where you want it from the sample, place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Dust her. Take a small ice cream scooper or spoon out small mounds or “kisses” of your coconut medley.
- Place an almond in center if you going the nut route.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until brown. A light tan will do.
- Then remove, let cool.
- If you desire to drizzle, temper/melt/heat your cocoa, add sweeter and salt as desired to your taste. Drizzle over the besitos and let cool.
- You can freeze these babies either baked or if you did not make the entire batch, freeze remainder and bake at another “Papi besitos” time.
- Remember you are in control of the amount of sweetness, salt and fat content here and in all your cooking. Being away from heavy sweets for a long time, I love a mildly sweet treat and find it so pleasurable. Delicious!
- Buen aprovecho!
Soraya Sobreidad http://sorayasobreidad.com/